Saturday 29 January 2011

Full Disclosure

Welcome to The Sports Ground. As I have found with my other blog, there is no telling where this journey will lead us or what I will end up blogging about and sharing with you here. What I do know is that sport in all of its forms is my passion, and I hope to share some of that enthusiasm with all of you who are kind enough to visit this little corner of the web.

As the title of this post suggests, I feel a need to let you all know where I am coming from before I get started with this blog. First of all, I fully expect the majority of my posts to concern football - or soccer if you have wandered in from some foreign parts :) Football has always been, and always will be, my main sporting interest. I currently live in Wiltshire, and I am a Swindon Town and an England supporter, so don't be surprised if a bias towards those quarters appears from time to time. That's not to say that I won't be talking about other teams or other sports - because I most definitely will.  This is, after all, The Sports Ground and not The Football Ground!

As with my football interests, my other sporting posts are likely to be a little English- or British-centric, but I am first and foremost a sports fan and I hope to cover sports, teams and atheletes from across the globe. I don't pretend to be an expert in every sport, but I always feel that you don't need to be an expert to appreciate the competition and drama that sport so often generates. When the Olympics come round I will often find myself watching archery, or volleyball, or judo, or .... well, the list goes on. Sports that don't normally register on the radar of most of us, but all of which have the power to enthral and interest the passing sports fan. That is exactly what I hope to convey here. A love of sport and the power it has to excite and beguile.

So, please join me and feel free to comment and contribute to the debate as it develops. Welcome once again to The Sports Ground - where the turnstiles are always open!

No comments:

Post a Comment